Tuesday 26 July 2011

Jinja II, Part I: Fear of Water

This past weekend, we took a return road trip to Jinja with some friends from RHSP for more rafting and general awesomeness.  


This time around, we made Anthony come rafting with us.  
We also stalked down Nathan at the beginning of the day to make sure he would be our guide again.  It was just the five of us in the raft (so, no German guys to do most of the paddling for us like last time).  


Also, with less weight in the boat, we spent a lot more time airborne...



We lost our guide for a bit.  No worries, we're professionals at this by now.




Anthony claimed that he was trying to keep me in the raft, and not just clinging to my wrist in fear.


The following series happened on the last rapid of the day, known as Nile Special:








I went down bravely with the ship... while making faces of pure terror.  Or whatever expression it is you make when a river is about to hit you in the face.



Appropriately, enjoying Nile Special beers afterwards.


Photo by Moses Kakanga

Back to one of my favorite places in the world - the Nile River Explorers campsite!


Photo by Megan

Our safari tents overlooking the river.




Once again, I showered more than was probably necessary in one weekend, just because of this view.




Mukwanos! 
Elizabeth, Leigh, Moses, Herbert, Megan, Anthony and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment