Wednesday 15 June 2011

First days at RHSP

We settled in quickly to life in Kalisizo.  It's a very small but busy town.  It's impossible to walk anywhere without passing a few people carrying water jugs, others on bikes or bodas, goats, chickens, and cows wandering around, and of course groups of overexcited children waving, running to meet us and asking, "How are you mzungu?".  

We're also already hard at work at RHSP.  I'll write more about that in more detail soon.


It's easy to settle in when the new place is as comfortable as this:

Via Kalisizo Chronicles

Via Kalisizo Chronicles

Via Kalisizo Chronicles

I have my own bathroom... and there's even hot water most of the time.  

I was also relieved to see that my room came with a can of bug poison (brand name: DOOM).  So far, I haven't had to use it, but based on the name alone I expect it to be effective on any giant cockroaches I may encounter. 







Front yard... yes, manicured lawn.




View from outside the front gate.  The house is really nice... and therefore is walled in, with a gate and a 24 hour guard.  Another new one for me... 





View to the right after walking out the gate.  
We walk the opposite direction, towards town, to get to RHSP.


The building with the red roof is the RHSP ART (Antiretroviral treatment, for HIV patients) clinic.





The courtyard of RHSP's main building.


And more pictures to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment